Documents uploaded to Docsity will be more or less visible within the platform (as well as externally, on search engines) based on a mix of different factors:
- Popularity of the topic: how often the topic of your document is searched or requested
- Title relevancy: how well the document title reflects the specific topic of the document
- Accuracy of description: how much the description helps users understand what topics are covered in the document, how it is unique and differs from other similar documents
- Readability and clarity of the preview: how readable and clear is the preview of the document
- Level of depth of the document with respect to the topic indicated in the title
- Level of competition from other documents: how many other documents are already present on the same subject and with what level of quality and depth
Knowing these factors and adjusting them where you can, can help increase the number of visits and downloads of your documents.