The documents uploaded onto Docsity will appear internally in the platform's archives and (in certain instances) externally on search engines. Their overall visibility on the website will vary according to a combination of the following factors:
- Popularity according to the contents: is the subject/topic of your document in demand?
- Accuracy of the title: how well does the title reflect the contents of your document?
- Accuracy of your description: does the description help other users understand the topics covered in the document? What unique approach sets your document aside from other similar ones?
- Readability and clarity of the preview: how readable and clear is the preview section of your document?
- How far does your document deep-dive into the subject and how well does it relate to the title?
- Competition with other, similar documents: how many other documents are there that cover the same subject/topic and how does yours compare in terms of depth and quality?
By understanding the above factors and making the necessary changes where possible, you can increase the number of visits and downloads of your documents.